Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The inside story

Wednesday night,
After my usual focus issues, I have finally finished hand tearing each page to the right size and have the signatures folded, pierced and ready to sew. I am using beeswax to size the binders thread, so now I am all set.


Wednesday afternoon,
I got distracted from the book and made some earrings instead.



Wednesday morning
I am making the signatures of the book (codex) today. I am using a fairly thick (114g) 100% post consumer waste paper. This brown paper is excellent to draw on with conte or charcoal and is thick enough to hold paint too. I might try interleaves of similar weight tracing vellum to help protect chalk drawings.















The cats are a great help with this process @_@



No comments:

Post a Comment