Sunday, February 7, 2010

Suicide cut

I am carving out a fragmented narrative on lino for a suicide (reduction) print. I don't think I can get the detail I was hoping for, but hopefully it will come out well enough that the image can be recognized.









First couple of proofs from layer one. I found the ink a little too thick, but added a couple of splashes of oil to loosen it. To make this hue I mixed:
3 parts sanguine,
2 parts white,
1 part yellow.






I have started some final prints on Japanese Sumi paper, approx 75 g.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment