Saturday, April 3, 2010

Art book

Earlier in the year I printed some sheets to use as covers for one or more art book that I want to make. I am working on the book project today.

This is the cover I printed for a codex I made. I sewed 5 signatures of paper together for this book and added a ribbon closure that I have printed from a relief matrix that I carved.





The end papers were handmade onion skin papers, that I tinted with watercolours.




I am cutting out a window in the pages, but I can only cut a few windows at a time to avoid the opening warping. Now I wonder why I made it 5 signatures over 3, hopefully it will be worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment