Skip to main content

DeMeng Workshop


We made crazy vehicles in Michael DeMeng's workshop. Here are a selection of some of the works in progress:



Here we had a critique with Michael discussing everyone's progress.


I loved this steampunked up critter!


This is the cool studio by the harbor that we worked in for four days, pretty cool view!





Later in the day we had a project with Tracy and Teesha Moore with a bunch of artists from different workshops.



Comments

  1. Loved your work, your costumes and your spirit!! And thank you for the Tree of Life print. Hope to see you again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa, I hope that you enjoy the print. I always love putting on a costume, maybe next year you might fancy doing the same???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a challenge I'd never considered! I'll see what I can conjure up. I'm sure you have something swell planned for Halloween!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sort of Artist's Statement

This is a sort of artist's statement, but far more boring and long-winded. My current form of blogging is to limit the text to as little as possible. I am lazy when it comes to writing and the blog tends to trickle off when I feel the pressure of having to add words to the pictures. I hung my exhibition yesterday, so today I will ramble a little about the reasoning behind it (and to help me get over the guilt for hardly writing anything in the last couple of months). Please feel free to skip the words and look at the pictures!   For a long time after moving to America, I found it difficult to process who I had become and the new meaning of home. I was English, yet found the American "English" language a challenge. This culture that in many ways was similar to my own, is in other ways completely opposite and confusing. I still often experience a shock by a sudden feeling of otherness and a perhaps a reminiscence for the past, yet I relish the possibility of ne...

Every Sunset Is An Opportunity For A Reset

Hi Folks, Well, I skipped out on Cricketts Inky Art Blot to run Playful Potter, my pottery and glass studio for about 5 years. It was a wonderful experience and I met so many new creative friend, but now I am ready to move back to 2D works again. I"m not going to lie, will miss having over 2000 sq. ft. of art studio space, especially as my temporary work space will be in the corner of my husband's office! I am lucky enough to have a permanent studio space on the horizon, but much renovation and organization needs to be done to make that a warm and inviting space.  For those of you that knew me from Playful Potter, I am not saying goodbye to clay for ever. I just have the restlessness that all artists get when they have been doing one style for a while. I will be accessing a kiln as the need arises, for clay and glass projects. To kick off 2020 and in the spirit of the Year of The Rat, I am jumping head first into my new beginning; I have challenged myself to creating ...

Encaustic Monoprint Technique

Today I visited a printmaking friend's studio. Amy is experimenting with encaustic monoprints. I have never heard of this before so I was excited to have a demo. Here is the basic process: 1. Heat up the homemade heat box. 2. Rub the beeswax pigment sticks on the metal surface of the heat plate to melt them. Create a design on the plate with one or more colors. Step 3. Lay a piece of rice or rag paper face down on the painted design and cover with newsprint. Burnish. Step 4. Carefully pull the paper away from the heat plate. Steps 5-6. Clean the heat plate with paper towels. Add more color to the heat plate and repeat the process to add patterns or more color to the print. The smell of the wax is yummy and the pigments are really thick and rich to work with. I had a little play to get a feel for what the print is like (image below). Now I want to build a heat box and play!!